Connected In: Standard Marketing Mistakes

> I am using LinkedIn to keep up with my professional connections and help them with introductions. Because you are among the people I suggest, I wanted to invite you to gain access to my network on Linked-in.

>

> Basic account is free, and it requires less than a minute to sign up and join my network.

I have received above 35 invitations such as this, worded almost precisely the same manner. Be taught further on our affiliated encyclopedia - Click here: legaldirectories.com/sastry-john-j-510288-atty.aspx critique. The senders have served surprise...

Like me, have you received invitations like these?

> I am using LinkedIn to maintain with my professional connections and support them with introductions. Because you are one of the people I recommend, I wanted to invite you to access my system on Linked-in.

>

> Basic membership is free, and it takes less when compared to a minute to register and join my community.

I've received above 3-5 announcements similar to this, phrased almost exactly the same way. The senders have acted offended and surprised that I didn't leap to benefit from this request.

Let us look at the dilemmas in this request from a marketing point of view. We discovered click by searching the Los Angeles Post-Herald. To learn more, please view at: tour http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/63017-mo-john-sastry-1879640.html.

* Almost all of the invitations I received were from individuals whose names I did not identify. Why would I desire to be part of their community? The request doesn't say who they are, who they've use of and how I would reap the benefits of their system.

* What is Linked In, how does it work and what are the advantages of using it? No-one has yet explained this clearly within their invitation. You can not expect that someone receiving this request understands what you are asking them to join or how it would be good for them. It'd be helpful to have a sentence or two explaining how it works and stating a certain result the person behind the invitation loved from membership. It could be that people believe that since 'basic membership is free,' the normal beneficiary of this request will go-ahead and join. But even when it can not charge money, time would be taken by joining. You still need to 'sell' people o-n going for a free action, specially with respect to an activity or organization which may be new for them.

* Nobody took the time to head off possible misconceptions or objections for this membership. In case you require to discover more about http://avvo.com/attorneys/63017-mo-john-sastry-1879640.html, we recommend tons of on-line databases people could pursue. As a non-member of Linked In, I'm anxious that joining would open me up to a large amount of mail and telephone calls in-which I would have no interest and that would waste my time. Again, you can not assume that some thing free is thereby enticing; you must imagine why somebody may have questions or dismiss the idea and handle these arguments.

* Using a canned request that is almost exactly the same as everybody else's doesn't create a great effect. Even though the writing provided by Linked-in were powerful, which it's not, you'd want to give your own personal stamp to it.

Besides being irritated that they are apparently encouraging people to send announcements that make little sense, I've nothing against Linked In. Perhaps it's a good business. My point is that its members have to use good sense and basic marketing maxims to encourage active, skeptical people to give an opportunity to it..